Initiatives and Programs
Reaching Thousands Campaign
- Develop a variety of advertising strategies to promote utilization of all Alliance services.
- Develop a school district recognition program, i.e., the Alliance "Star Program".award.
Agency and Community Partnerships
- Increase the number of business related sponsors.
- Increase the number of support services and youth activity organization sponsors.
Internet Based Information Clearinghouse
Continue development of Alliance Internet Based Clearinghouse:
- Increase the number of Support Agency profiles.
- Increase the number of Youth Activity Organizational profiles.
- Increase the number of agencies and sponsors who post Alliance related events.
Faith Based Initiative
Develop partnerships with community faith based organizations to provide parent education and student leadership programs focusing on understanding "teen culture."
Conduct Multi-County Outreach
In cooperation with Congressman Jason Altmire and Senator Sean Logan, conduct community leadership events in Lawrence, Beaver and Westmoreland counties.
Expand, by invitation, to other Pennsylvania Counties.
Agency and Community Sponsorship Initiative
Increase the number of business related sponsors.
Increase the number of support services and youth activity organization sponsors.
Expand Student Leadership Program
Create sequence of student leadership development programs for seventh and eighth grade students.
Develop a program for these students to have an opportunity to meet with adult community leaders beginning in grade nine.
Develop Community Advisory Council
Develop Community Advisory Council to support student leadership initiative by meeting with students grades 9-12 to address leadership qualities and potential future employment opportunities.
Criminal Justice Initiative
Continue providing a meeting space for a Saturday parent "survival skills training" group. This program is conducted by the Allegheny County Juvenile Probation department. Please visit http://gopsst.org for additional information.
Drug Testing Initiative
Continue supporting drug-testing information and procedures offered through a "parent survival skills" training program offered through Allegheny County Juvenile Probation. Please visit http://gopsst.org for additional information.